Paramount +'s Star Trek The universe is increasing its ranks. ViacomCBS 'streaming service has announced several 10-episode season pickup orders as well as release dates across the sci-fi series:
● Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a fifth season. Season four of Star Trek: Discovery returns with new episodes Thursday, Feb. 10th.
● Season two of Star Trek: Picard premieres Thursday, March 3rd. After the premiere, new episodes will be released weekly on Thursdays. Star Trek: Picard is currently in production on a previously announced third season.
● Star Trek: Strange New Worlds has been renewed for another season ahead of its season 1 debut, which premieres Thursday, May 5th. After the premiere, new episodes will be released weekly on Thursdays.
● Star Trek: Lower Decks animated series return in the summer of 2022 with a 10-episode long third season. Star Trek: Lower Decks has also been renewed for a 10-episode long fourth season.
● Season 1 of other animated series Star Trek: Wonder Children returned Thursday, January 6 with episode six. The remaining four episodes of season 1's first half will be available to stream weekly on Thursdays, with episode 10 available to stream on Thursday, February 3rd. The additional 10-episode long second half of season 1 will be available on Paramount + later in 2022.
"Four years ago, we made a promise to grow Star Trek to something it had never been before, and thanks to the incredibly hard work done by our many talented showrunners, writers and directors, along with the extraordinary support of CBS Studios and Paramount +, we keep our word, ”said Alex Kurtzman, architect and executive producer, Star Trek franchise. "Now our current shows are set up for the future while we work on building Trek ''s the next phase of programming in the coming years. "